KUALITAS HIDUP PASIEN DENGAN ULKUS DIABETES DI RS PKU MUHAMMADIYAH YOGYAKARTA
MetadataShow full item record
Diabetes mellitus can cause various complications, such as diabetic foot ulcer that has impact on mobility impairment, self-image, and activity that lead to decreasing patient’s self-esteem and quality of life. The objective of this study was to describe the quality of life of patients with diabetic foot ulcers in RS PKU Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta. This was descriptive study with cross sectional approach that involved 26 respondents who were chosen through purposive sampling technique. The data were collected by using the DQOL (Diabetes Quality of Life) questionnaire Indonesian version that was valid and reliable. The data were analyzed by using descriptive statistics including frequency and percentage. The results of this study showed that the average age of the patient was 53.8 years, most of them were female (61,5%), never performed diabetic foot care (65,4%), had diabetic foot ulcer grade 1 (42,3%), had history of previous ulcers (57,7%) and received education about DM foot care (61,5%). The quality of life of patients with DM ulcers was mostly good, counted for 22 respondents (84.6%) and the rest, 4 respondents (15.4%) had poor quality of life. Most of the patients with diabetic foot ulcer in RS PKU Muhammadiyah has good quality of life. Nurses should assess the quality of life of DM patients with diabetic foot ulcers and provide interventions to improve their quality of life. Further research is needed to analyze the factors that contribute to the quality of life of patients with diabetic foot ulcer.